Giving sweets to your sweetie is a tradition on Valentine's Day, but it doesn't have to be an unhealthy gift. Try this recipe for black bean brownies. These are so tasty, you wouldn't even suspect that the main ingredient is black beans...unless you baked them yourself. These yummy treats are made with no gluten, no dairy, and no sugar. You get the healthy benefits of fiber and coconut oil, too. All of this in a DESSERT? Fabulous!
Black Bean Brownies
(Gluten-free, dairy-free, but chocolately good!)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
3) Mix all ingredients (except chips) in a good food processor, and blend until smooth.
4) Stir in the chips (if desired), then pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
5) Bake for 18 minutes or until set in the middle.
6) Cool completely before cutting into 9 squares.