- Licensed Physician (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Sports & Occupational Medicine).
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California at Irvine: College of Medicine
- NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, 1999.
- AFAA Group Exercise Instructor Certification, 1998.
- Health & Fitness correspondent for radio show "Damn...Another Sportz Show?!?"
- Sports Medicine Expert/Co-Host for TV pilot “Fantasy Force”
- Co-Host for cable sports show “Her View of the Game”.
- Ms. America Fitness Award 2007
- Semi-Finalist – NBC’s American Gladiators premiere season, 2008.
- NPC Los Angeles Fitness Champion - 2007
- Ms. Fitness Los Angeles 2005 – Champion.
- Ms. Fitness USA 2006 – Top 6.
- Miss Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach 2011.
- Salvation Army (Long Beach, California): Advisory Board Member, 2012 to present.
- Arthritis Foundation Volunteer: Walk To Cure Arthritis-OC/IE Planning Committee, 2006-present.
Several years ago, Dr. Venus Ramos introduced herself to Temptation Island viewers as "proud to be born and reared in Kansas City." However, there is much more to Venus than her on-camera persona as a "temptress" on FOX's hit reality TV series.
As a rehabilitation physician, Venus has committed herself to the promotion of health and fitness not only to her patients, but to the community at large as well. Her training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation allows her to help deconditioned patients optimize their functional independence. Being a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, her experience also includes work as a personal trainer, a senior citizen fitness educator, and a volunteer trainer for Special Olympics track athletes.
Dr. Ramos not only advises patients and clients on the benefits of physical fitness, but she herself regularly trains for fitness competitions. Having held the titles of Ms. Bikini California, Ms. Collegiate USA, and Miss Teen of Missouri, this is one pageant titleholder that is not afraid to sweat. She has been a competitive fitness athlete for 13 years. She regularly appeared in the Fitness America ESPN Series and has competed in Ms. Fitness World, the Nova Fitness (Obstacle Course) World Finals, and the Fitness America National Finals. Her competitive fitness achievements include winning the Natural Universe Modelquest 2001 and NPC Los Angeles Fitness Championships 2007. Most recently, she succeeded in becoming a Semi-Finalist in the premiere season of NBC’s American Gladiators.
No matter how busy her life and career may get, Venus always makes time for training. In fact, while in Belize for "Temptation Island," she woke up early every morning to run sprints and jump hurdles on the beach - usually all before taping began for the day.
Her expertise in the arena of sports and fitness has been recognized in the media as well. She's been featured on local news programs for FOX-, CBS-, and ABC-affiliate stations. She had a fitness training article published in Oxygen Magazine and she has served as an on-camera medical consultant in beauty and fitness product infomercials. She has also done fitness modeling for print and television.
Radio listeners may know her as "Doctor Venus," as she shares her knowledge of sports injuries and rehabilitation on "Damn...Another Sportz Show!?!" - a Los Angeles radio show which features all-female correspondents. She has made numerous appearances in reality TV programming including "The Bachelor: Paris" (ABC), "Temptation Island" (FOX), "I'd Do Anything" (ESPN), "Star Dates" (E!), "Scream Play" (E!), and "How Do I Look?" (Style Network).
While Venus' career and athletic pursuits keep her busy, she also enjoys more leisurely activities. During football season, you can usually find her at a sports bar cheering on her favorite team. She also enjoys karaoke nights with her friends.